Thank you for checking our school blog updates.
Today we are enjoying our “Sports Wear” spirit day and a school dance this afternoon!
Courcelette Community Council Update
- Our council meetings are open to all parents and guardians. Your child(ren) will be here for 10 years. Find out what is happening at school and help shape the future. You are encouraged to come.
- Next Council Meeting is Wednesday, November 25th at 7pm, in the school gym. Childcare is provided.
- The first draft of Council-organized class lists went home this week. Courcelette Community Council, organized by parent volunteers, can only communicate with you by e-mail when you provide your contact information to us. Add or update your contact information at: http://eepurl.com/bFwd-H . A final version will be circulated via e-mail next week.
Courcelette Community – Support for BBNC Share365 Program
- Santa’s Breakfast – Saturday, December 5th, 9 AM – 11:30 AM, in the school gym. All families are welcome to enjoy a pancake breakfast, craft making, a raffle prize, and a photo opportunity with Santa. Net proceeds are donated by parent council to BBNC Share365 Community Program. Special thanks to Garden Gate Restaurant (The GOOF!) for supplying all the pancakes and sausages again this year!
- Mitten Tree – We are currently accepting donations of new mittens, gloves, scarves, hats, and coats for our annual Mitten Tree (located inside the school). There will be a separate box adjacent to the tree for donations of gently used winter items. The new items will be directed to the BBNC for their Share365 program, and the gently used items will go to the Foodbank at Warden/Kingston or to a local school that needs those items.
- Share365 – Our school has offered to donate diapers and toilet paper to support the BBNC, which will provide these items to local families in need. The first class to fulfill their allocated amount of diapers and toilet paper will win a pizza lunch party! All classes are asked to donate family-size packages (8+ rolls) of toilet paper, and the diaper donations are allocated according to size by class teacher: Martin (newborn), Reynolds (size 1), Choudhuri (size 2), Laverne (size 3), McNaughton (size 4), Pennington (size 5), Newton (size 6), Frendjian (pull-ups size 3), Baldwin (pull-ups size 4), Nikoletopoulos (pull-ups size 5), Haneyan (pull-ups size 6), and King (toilet paper only).
Pease consider supporting these initiatives so that we can all work together to support the BBNC. You can also make a monetary donation directly to the centre: https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/birchmount-bluffs-neighbourhood-centre/
Please specify that “funds are to be applied to the SHARE365(Courcelette) program.”
***Calling All Grade 2 Parents and Guardians: Santa Needs You!***
Our annual Santa’s Breakfast on December 5th depends on the organization and support of grade 2 parents and students. Please volunteer your time and/or make a donation on the link below. Thank you in advance for supporting this fun event! If you have any questions, please contact Linda Nolan (firstname.lastname@example.org), Freda Roberts (email@example.com), Kelly Richardson (firstname.lastname@example.org), or Emily Green (email@example.com).
up link for all grade 2 families: https://courcelettesb.bringit.bz/public/ec37a4
QSP Mid-Campaign Reminder – Thank you to everyone who has already participated in the QSP Magazine Fundraiser this year. The fundraiser runs until December 3rd and all proceeds will be used to support literacy programs at Courcelette.
We are a long way from our goal of $10,000 in sales so please take some time to order your magazines today at www.qsp.ca. The code for Courcelette is 3722923. Remember that approximately 30% of the funds raised go directly to our school!
Additional QSP packages can be obtained through the office if for some reason you did not receive one.
Thank you for your support!
Dates to Remember
November 25th – Parent Council meeting 7:00 -9:00 pm
November 27th – Pizza Lunch
December 5th – Santa’s Breakfast 9 AM – 11:30 AM
December 10th – Progress Reports go home
December 14th – Parent Council meeting
December 16th – Holiday Concert performance