Thank you for following our school blog. Please read the following school news!
Courcelette Community Council Notices
- Next Council Meeting: Monday, December 14th – 7 PM in the gymnasium – childcare provided. New faces encouraged.
- Class Lists: If you cannot find yourself on the class list that went out last week, then our community council is not able to communicate with you. Please provide us your contact information – our final class lists will be going out in digital format only: http://eepurl.com/bFwd-H
Community Support – BBNC Fundraising:
First of all, we would like to thank all of the Courcelette Families for your support throughout the Share365 initiative. We are amazed with all of your generosity and how quickly all of the items came in. We have fulfilled the requirement of 200 packages of Toilet Paper, which is fantastic! We have also collected most of our sizes of diapers. We are still in need of a few more sizes and would appreciate your assistance if possible. If your family is able to provide a package of diapers in one of the following sizes, please deliver them to Ms. Laverne’s class (Room 1) by Monday, November 30th, 2015.
-8 packages of size 4 diapers
-5 packages of size 2T-3T pull ups
-2 packages of size 6 (small- medium) pull ups
-7 packages of XL (L-XL) pull ups
Thank you again for your support and involvement with our school community. Courcelette is truly making a difference!
- Grade 2 Parents– Please sign up to support the annual Santa’s Breakfast, hosted by the Grade 2 parents – Saturday December 5th — 9 AM to 11:30 AM: https://courcelettesb.bringit.bz/public/ec37a4
- Pizza Lunch: Pizza lunches are well underway – thank you to all of the parent volunteers! You are still able to sign up for the balance of the pizza lunches. Please print and fill out the form located here: http://tinyurl.com/q2xdso8
- Spring Social: Please save the date for our annual parent’s-only evening out, Friday, May 27th, 2016, at The Toronto Hunt Club. More details and a call-out for parent volunteers to help the organizers coming soon.
QSP magazine sales update
Only a few days remain until the QSP magazine fundraiser ends on December 3rd! We are a long way from reaching our goal of $10,000 in sales so please consider supporting this worthwhile fundraiser. Remember, approximately 30% of the total sales are returned to Courcelette Community Council to help support literacy programs at our school. The holidays are just around the corner and subscriptions make a wonderful gift!
The easiest way to order your magazines is on-line at http://www.qsp.ca. The code for Courcelette is 3722923.
You can also use the order forms that were included with the catalogue that was sent home a couple of weeks ago. Please make cheques payable to Courcelette Community Council. If you need additional forms, you can request them at the school office.
Thank you for your support!
Courcelette Drama Club
Dear Students and Parents,
We are pleased to announce that this year the Courcelette Drama Club will present William Shakespeare’s hilarious comedy A Midsummer Night’s Dream directed by parent and professional director, Kelly Thornton. Interested students from Grades 5 to 8 are welcome to participate.
Students joining as ACTORS must make the commitment to attend every rehearsal (apart from the school trip). Rehearsals will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 to 5pm. Rehearsals begin on December 8th for two weeks before holidays and will resume January 5th and continue until performances on March 2nd and 3rd, 2016. Students interested in working behind the scenes in design and production are also encouraged to join the club.
Casting will be done by the end of the second week of rehearsals, based on students’ commitment, enthusiasm and abilities with the text. Additional rehearsals may be scheduled as the performance approaches.
A chorus of students from Grade 3 and 4 will be cast as faeries, elves and sprites and will rehearse Wednesdays 3:30-4:30. Those interested in taking part please attend a first rehearsal for CHORUS on Wednesday December 9th.
We are also looking for interested parents willing to volunteer to assist in our production in stage management, set, lighting, sound, props and costumes. Please let us know if you can help out!
Thank you for your interest.
Kelly Thornton and Richard Bradley
Dates to remember
December 5th – Santa’s Breakfast 9 AM – 11:30 AM
December 10th – Progress Reports go home
December 14th – Parent Council meeting
December 16th – Holiday Concert performance 6:00 – 7:00pm