Just one more day before this year’s Santa’s Breakfast. We look forward to seeing everyone Saturday morning!
A special Thank You!
We would like to acknowledge the Beaches Lions Club for their donation of a beautiful Christmas tree for our school foyer. We thank them for this wonderful gift.
Trustee Parthi Kandavel’s newsletter
Community Council Notices
Council Meeting: Monday, December 14th – 7 PM to 8:30 PM in the gymnasium – childcare provided. New faces encouraged.
BBNC Community Support : Thank you, Courcelette Community, for providing $6000+ (and counting) worth in donations, diapers, and toilet paper!
- Santa’s Breakfast – Saturday, December 5th, 9 AM – 11:30 AM, in the school gym. All families are welcome to enjoy a pancake breakfast, craft making, a raffle prize, a photo opportunity with Santa, and live music performances. Net proceeds are donated by parent council to BBNC Share365 Community Program.
- Grade 2 Parents we still need your help – https://courcelettesb.bringit
- Mitten Tree – We are still accepting donations of new mittens, gloves, scarves, hats, and coats for our annual Mitten Tree (located inside the school). There will be a separate box adjacent to the tree for donations of gently used winter items. The new items will be directed to the BBNC for their Share365 program, and the gently used items will go to the Foodbank at Warden/Kingston or to a local school that needs those items.
- If you do not find yourself on the class lists that went out last week, then Community Council is not able to communicate with you. Please provide us with your contact information – our final class lists will be distributed in digital format only: http://eepurl.com/bFwd-H
QSP: ACT NOW! We are 85% of the way to reaching our goal of $10,000 in sales and time is running out. Approximately 30% of the total sales are returned to our school for literacy programs.
- Order online at www.qsp.ca. The code for Courcelette is 3722923.
- Pizza Lunch: Pizza lunches are well underway – thank you to all of the parent volunteers! You are still able to sign up for the remaining pizza lunches starting in January. Please print and fill out this form: http://tinyurl.com/q2xdso8
- Spring Social: Please save the date for our annual parents-only evening out, Friday, May 27th, 2016, at The Toronto Hunt Club. More details and a call-out for parent volunteers coming soon.
A friendly reminder to parents regarding safe arrival – If your child is absent from school, please contact the school before 9:00 am. You can also leave a phone message before or after school hours. Please indicate your child’s name, teacher or classroom and reason for the absence. The school’s Safe Arrival phone number is 416-396-6185 – option 1. Thank you so much for helping us in keeping all students safe.
Don’t give the flu this holiday season!
Take some simple steps to keep you and your family healthy this flu season:
* Wash your hands frequently: Approximately 80 percent of common infections like the cold and flu are spread by hands. Hand washing, when done correctly, is the most effective way to prevent the spread of infectious diseases..
* Get a free flu shot and get it as early as possible: Through your family doctor, participating pharmacies or public clinics. Visit www.ontario.ca/flu<http://www.ontario.ca/flu> to search for a clinic near you. This year, for the first time, children aged 2 to 17 can get a nasal spray flu vaccine .
* Cough and sneeze into your arm: If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your arm avoiding your hands where infections are commonly spread.
* Avoid touching your eyes and face: Flu germs can live on surfaces for up to 8 hours.
* Don’t share personal items such as drinking cups
* Do the fist bump instead of shaking hands
* Stay home when you are sick: if you have the flu, avoid going to school so you don’t spread the flu to others.
Dr. Jim Downey, Infection Control Practitioner at Toronto East General Hospital says “the flu is not something to take lightly; one in every six Canadians is affected by the flu annually and it can put you out of commission for seven to ten days.”
Director, Corporate Communications, Planning, Partnerships & Volunteer Services & Accreditation Lead Toronto East General Hospital | 825 Coxwell Avenue | Toronto, ON, M4C 3E7 Tel: 416-469-6580 x 7738 | Cell: 416-500-8334
Dates to remember
December 5th – Santa’s Breakfast 9:00 – 11:30 am
December 10th – Progress Reports go home
December 14th – Parent Council meeting 7:00 – 8:30 pm
December 16th – Holiday Concert performance 6:00 – 7:00 pm
December 18h – Pyjama and holiday wear Spirit Day!
December 21 – January 3rd – Winter holidays
January 4th, 2016 – First day back!