THE BIG EVENT! Please save the date
Spring Social – May 27, 2016
We are once again looking forward to the Courcelette Spring Social at the Hunt Club on Friday, May 27, when you can enjoy an evening out with your friends and neighbours with scenic lake views and also support our school in our biggest fundraiser of the year. All money raised from the event go towards enhancing your children’s educational experience at Courcelette. There are a variety of ways to participate:
- To donate goods or services to our auction or to help solicit local and regional businesses to donate to our event, please contact Erica Yao (email@example.com). This is a wonderful opportunity for businesses to market themselves to our vibrant community.
- To be a Family Sponsor, please contact Stephen Thurlbeck (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sponsorships start at $250+ and qualify for tax-receipts as well as tickets to Spring Social.
- If you know of a business willing to provide Corporate Sponsorship, please contact Shan Collins (email@example.com).
- To be a part of the Spring Social organizing committee, or for general inquiries, please contact Tara O’Grady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please check our event website, www.courcelettespringsocial.splashthat.com for updated information and ticket sales.
This has been a great week for teacher professional development at Courcelette. It’s important for our students to know that their teachers are working on improving their skills too. We were pleased to welcome Mr. Audley Salmon, our area superintendent, who joined us during the PA day to learn more about our work in improving outcomes in mathematics.
WELCOME TO KINDERGARTEN
To our incoming Junior Kindergarten parents/guardians, we would like to welcome you to the Courcelette School community. On May 3rd, (5-6pm) we will be hosting a “Welcome to Kindergarten” information session. This informative session will cover a range of topics related to starting school. The session will take place in our school gymnasium.
Melissa Seco from the TDSB Early Years department joined our Kindergarten team to plan our Welcome to Kindergarten information session.
From the Courcelette Eco Club
April 22nd, 2016 is International Mother Earth Day. As a school community we want to kick start the spring season and celebrate our planet by taking part in a Courcelette Community Clean Up. On Friday, April 22nd, the Eco Club, along with all the students at Courcelette Public School, will be taking part in a community clean up initiative. This is our opportunity to give back to the community and play our part in making the world a greener place. Please feel free to come out and join us at 1:15 pm.
The Courcelette Folk Dancers are getting ready for the Jamboree – May 2nd
OPEN HOUSE – May 4th – 5:00-6:30pm
We invite you to join us at our OPEN HOUSE. Each class will show ways in which learning takes place using technology and other hands-on mediums. Our parent council will be providing pizza. Please join us!
Cell phone recycling at the Toronto Zoo
The students in Ms. Baldwin’s class are collecting unused or old cell phones to support this program. Should you have such cell phones, please drop them off at the office.
Please see the following link for more information.
Please visit http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/courcelette/ to see upcoming events.
Track and Field dates
Please see Ms. Robertson’s blog, located on the school website for Track and Field dates and other important information during the 2016 track season. Here is a direct link to her blog.
Important dates to remember
April 21 – Parent Council meeting – childcare is provided
April 25-27 Dental Screening
April 29th – Pizza lunch
May 2nd – Folk Dancers Jamboree – Scarborough Civic Centre (Time to be announced)
May 3rd – Welcome to Kindergarten
May 4th- Courcelette OPEN HOUSE