Last Friday, we were treated to a wonderful sharing assembly during which students presented on the theme of Earth Day. We witnessed thoughtful presentations, entertaining and informative student created videos and performances by a number of classes. As always, the Courcelette spirit was high and proud.
Ms. Robertson leading our grade 1 and 2 students into song
Track and Field
Last week, the students enjoyed participating in tremendous track and field activities. They worked hard and tried their best and our staff was out there supporting their efforts. Well done! For additional Track and Field information, please visit our school website http://schools.tdsb.on.ca/courcelette/
Congratulations to Leah Howard, Claire Nykoliation, Madeleine Stewart and Lee Neff for representing our school so beautifully at the ER-12 family of schools Speech Arts finals. Lee will be going to the District finals on May 12th. We are extremely proud of these very talented contestants.
Monday, May 2nd – Folk Dancing at the Scarborough Civic Centre- Here is the schedule: check in time is at 5:45-6:00pm, the march in is at 6:15, and the dancing starts at 6:30 until 7:30. Our folk dancers have been working hard and have been coached by Ms Pennington and Ms Bowers. Have a great time Folk Dancers!
Tuesday, May 3rd – Welcome to Kindergarten – 5:00-6:00 – Our kindergarten team along with some of our partners will welcome parents and their pre-JK children to learn more our Kindergarten program. This is a great opportunity to connect and share ways to ensure the best start possible for our incoming JK students.
Wednesday, May 4th – OPEN HOUSE – 5:30-7:00pm – Please join us and see first hand the many great learning opportunities taking place at our school. Our Parent Council will be serving pizza and water. Please inform your child’s teacher if you will be attending this event. This will help our Parent Council determine how much pizza to have on hand.
May 2-6 is Children’s Mental Health Week – Each day, we will provide simple activities and exercises to our students to build awareness regarding our collective and individual wellness.
THE BIG EVENT! Please save the date
Spring Social – May 27, 2016
We are once again looking forward to the Courcelette Spring Social at the Hunt Club on Friday, May 27, when you can enjoy an evening out with your friends and neighbours with scenic lake views and also support our school in our biggest fundraiser of the year. All money raised from the event go towards enhancing your children’s educational experience at Courcelette. There are a variety of ways to participate:
- To donate goods or services to our auction or to help solicit local and regional businesses to donate to our event, please contact Erica Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a wonderful opportunity for businesses to market themselves to our vibrant community.
- To be a Family Sponsor, please contact Stephen Thurlbeck (email@example.com). Sponsorships start at $250+ and qualify for tax-receipts as well as tickets to Spring Social.
- If you know of a business willing to provide Corporate Sponsorship, please contact Shan Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To be a part of the Spring Social organizing committee, or for general inquiries, please contact Tara O’Grady (email@example.com).
- Please check our event website, www.courcelettespringsocial.splashthat.com for updated information and ticket sales.
Important dates to remember:
April 29th – Pizza lunch
May 2nd – Folk Dancers Jamboree – Scarborough Civic Centre
May 3rd – Welcome to Kindergarten
May 4th- Courcelette OPEN HOUSE
May 27th – Spring Social