Our thoughts are with those from the Fort McMurray community. If you wish to help, please consider the Canadian Red Cross. The Federal government will match every dollar raised. Thank you
Our OPEN HOUSE and WELCOME to KINDERGARTEN sessions were tremendously successful. This was a lovely way to recognize Education Week. Thank you so very much for supporting student learning. I wish to thank our Parent Council for supporting these events.
Track and Field update!
This Monday, 91 students will be participating in Track and Field at Birchmount Park CI. A bus will be shuttling the kids in advance of their event and will be returning them to school. A bus schedule and seating plan will be posted on the school’s main doors later this afternoon.
If you are driving your child to the meet due to an early event, please contact the school to let us know. If you are present at the meet and wish to take your own child home or back to school please notify a teacher so that the child’s name is removed from the bus list.
Here is the schedule:
For more important details, please see Ms. Robertson’s blog at:
Please ensure that your child is comfortably dressed for the weather conditions. Please send a lunch, as per usual, and a bottle of water on which your child’s name is written. The weather appears promising for Monday. It will be an awesome day!
Thanks to our coaches for their work in supporting our Track and Field Athletes. Best wishes to all participants!
This year’s SPRING SOCIAL is just 3 weeks away!
We are once again looking forward to the Courcelette Spring Social at the Hunt Club on Friday, May 27, when you can enjoy an evening out with your friends and neighbours with scenic lake views and also support our school in our biggest fundraiser of the year. All money raised from the event go towards enhancing your children’s educational experience at Courcelette. There are a variety of ways to participate:
- To donate goods or services to our auction or to help solicit local and regional businesses to donate to our event, please contact Erica Yao (firstname.lastname@example.org). This is a wonderful opportunity for businesses to market themselves to our vibrant community.
- To be a Family Sponsor, please contact Stephen Thurlbeck (email@example.com). Sponsorships start at $250+ and qualify for tax-receipts as well as tickets to Spring Social.
- If you know of a business willing to provide Corporate Sponsorship, please contact Shan Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To be a part of the Spring Social organizing committee, or for general inquiries, please contact Tara O’Grady (email@example.com).
- Please check our event website, www.courcelettespringsocial.splashthat.com for updated information and ticket sales.
Recently, a two page package was sent home regarding an available service for vision and hearing testing. For your convenience, I am attaching these documents. Please note that the service providers will only come if we have a minimum of 25 students registered for the program. The closing date for us to receive the completed registration forms is May 10th. Please return the completed forms to your child’s teacher. Should we have enough registrations, the clinic will run on May 17th.
Important dates to remember:
May 9th – Track and Field at Birchmount
May 17th – Vision and Hearing clinic
May 18th – Parent Council Meeting
May 27th – Spring Social
May 27th – Second hepatitis B shot (Grade 7)
May 27th – Pizza Lunch