This year’s SPRING SOCIAL is just 2 weeks away!
We are once again looking forward to the Courcelette Spring Social at the Hunt Club on Friday, May 27, when you can enjoy an evening out with your friends and neighbours with scenic lake views and also support our school in our biggest fundraiser of the year. All money raised from the event go towards enhancing your children’s educational experience at Courcelette. There are a variety of ways to participate:
- To donate goods or services to our auction or to help solicit local and regional businesses to donate to our event, please contact Erica Yao (email@example.com). This is a wonderful opportunity for businesses to market themselves to our vibrant community.
- To be a Family Sponsor, please contact Stephen Thurlbeck (firstname.lastname@example.org). Sponsorships start at $250+ and qualify for tax-receipts as well as tickets to Spring Social.
- If you know of a business willing to provide Corporate Sponsorship, please contact Shan Collins (email@example.com).
- To be a part of the Spring Social organizing committee, or for general inquiries, please contact Tara O’Grady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Please check our event website, www.courcelettespringsocial.splashthat.com for updated information and ticket sales.
Author visit at Courcelette
Today, Alex A. the author of a series of graphic comics called Super Agent Jon le Bon was at Courcelette to speak to many of our students. He spoke of his journey as an author and illustrator and inspired our students to enjoy writing. Many of his graphic comic books are in Courcelette’s library circulation.
Track and Field update
Last Monday, over 90 students participated in the Track and Field meet at Birchmount CI. We are very proud of them. Many will be moving on to the next round. For detailed information, please see Ms. Robertson’s blog.
Grade One & Two Run, Jump, Throw & Relay Event at Birchmount Park Stadium
At the end of May, Courcelette P.S. has been invited to join in a special Track and Field type event at Birchmount Park Stadium. This day will consist of some running, jumping, throwing and relay events. 4 girls and 4 boys from each grade will be invited to attend this event. On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 in the morning (Rain Date: Friday, May 20, 2016) the Grade One and Two students will participate in a variety of events to determine which children will attend the event on May 30, 2016. Later on in June, there will be another track day for our primary students at Courcelette P.S. to continue to enhance their Track & Field skills. Both days are intended to be fun. Good sportsmanship and participation is expected by all.
Sufficient forms were returned for the vision/hearing clinic. The service providers will be at Courcelette on May 17th.
When your child is away, please always let the office know by calling us or leaving a message on our voicemail. We ask that you kindly follow this process rather than letting your child’s teacher know.
Lost And Found
Many clothing items are presently in our Lost and Found bin. Please come by if you suspect that clothing items that belong to your child are at school. A parent volunteer will be here on Monday to take way unclaimed items.
Important dates to remember:
May 17th – Vision and Hearing clinic
May 18th – Parent Council Meeting
May 27th – Spring Social
May 27th – Second hepatitis B shot (Grade 7)
May 27th – Pizza Lunch