Monday, February 12th:
- Toronto Police Services are at the school to help us practice the safety procedures Hold & Secure and Lockdown that are enacted in the instance of an emergency or threat to safety in the neighbourhood or school.
- It’s the 100th Day of School! In the kindergarten and primary grades, we celebrate the number 100- giving it center stage today in the classroom and hallways of the school.
- Notices go home regarding Term 1 Parent-Teacher Interviews. For term 1, your child’s teacher may request an interview to discuss the student’s strengths, needs, and next steps. You may also request an interview if you have specific concerns or questions about your child’s progress. Report cards go home February 13th and interviews take place the evening of the 15th and morning of the 16th.
- Mindful Mondays continue. Are you interested in learning more about mindfulness strategies for your family? Check out this article in Mindful Magazine’s on-line version: https://www.mindful.org/mindful-kids-practice-coming-back-positive/
Tuesday, February 13th: Report Cards go home today.
- Our Junior Girls Volleyball team are off to a tournament in the afternoon, good luck everyone! Show them your Bronco Thunder!!
Wednesday, February 14th:
- Valentine’s Day. If your child is giving out cards, please be inclusive and create a card for every student in the class (see your child’s teacher for details).
- Please also keep in mind that we are Allergy Aware & a NUT free school. Please consult your child’s classroom teacher with questions or concerns.
- Caribou Math Contest takes place for Gr. ¾ at lunch. Students should remember to bring their lunch to school.
Thursday, February 15th:
- There will be a special presentation with student drummers from William G Miller, the music is inspired from Burundi and guest teacher Mafore Ndayisenga will be speaking to students about the role of drumming and music in his homeland. The presentation will take place at 9:30 am (K -3) and 10:30 am (4 -8) – all are welcome to attend.
- Caribou Math Contest takes place for Gr. 5-8 at lunch. Students should remember to bring their lunch to school.
- Teacher-Parent Interviews, as required (PM)
Friday, February 16th: P.A. Day No school for students
- Teacher-Parent Interviews, as required (AM)
Monday, February 19th: Family Day No school for students.
Wednesday, February 21st: Courcelette Community Council Meeting 7 – 8:30 pm. Join us 🙂
Enjoy the rest of this snowy weekend!