As the month of February draws to close, along with the Olympics, I am left with a feeling of pride in the accomplishment of young people. It takes exemplary efforts by families, mentors, coaches, teachers, and friends to foster the well-being of our children so that they find their footing and reach for their dreams. Thank you to the Courcelette Community for coming together to support our students’ dreams.
Some highlights of the month have included: 2x B-Ball Tournaments @ Courcelette PS, Burundian Drummers Concert, Ice Hockey Finals, qualifying for the Provincial Skills Canada Comp, Annie Jr. Rehearsals, Junior Girls V-ball, Caribou Contest, Folk dancing, Primary classes celebrating traditions from around the world and our very own Olympic Opening Ceremonies!
What to look forward to? Updates for the Week of February 26th:
- Monday, Feb. 26th: SST AM
- Tuesday, Feb. 27th: Fairness Sharing Assembly 9 AM
- Junior Girls’ Volleyball Semi-finals West Hill C.I.
- Wednesday, Feb. 28th: Grade 8 Grad photos
- Pink Shirt Day – Anti-bullying Activities led by our Grade 7/8 Mental Health & Wellness Leaders
- STEM Equity Conference for Girls (Grade 7/8 students attending with Ms. Fletcher)
- Deadline for Office Helper Applications (we start early!)
- Thursday, March 1st: Speech Arts Competition – PM
- Launch of “March Mathness” – NOT #nervousaboutnumbers
- Friday, March 2nd: Junior Hockey Tournament
- Monday March 5th – 7th: Grade 6 to SOES, Kearney
- Tuesday, March 6th: From Africa to the World… A Celebration of African Heritage Month featuring the Black History Choir
- Thursday, March 8th: March Break Mathness – Schoolwide Dance & Activities
- March 12th – 16th: MARCH BREAK
Looking forward to a wonderful week and month of “Mathness”!!!!
Please look for the math question of the week outside the main office, answers can be submitted in a basket with lid at the same location.