I hope everyone is returning from March Break with a renewed sense of energy and the resolve to put your best effort forward until the end of the school year (which isn’t that far off!).
For continued updates and to access the school calendar don’t forget to visit the school’s website at: http://schoolweb.tdsb.on.ca/courcelette/
We are hoping to add the school’s twitter feed to our website soon. Follow us: @CourcelettePS
This week please remember:
- Monday March 19th: IPRC Reviews AM
- School Support Team Meeting PM
- Wednesday March 21st: Folk dancing Practice is 3:15 – 4:00 PM (in the gym)
- Thursday March 22nd: March Mathness Scavenger Hunt during AM Recess hosted by the Courcelette Community Council
- Folk dancing Practice is 12:00 – 12:25 PM (in the gym)
- We will continue to reveal pieces of the March Mathness puzzle in the main foyer. Some students have already entered their guess about the famous mathematician pictured in the puzzle and the importance of the month of March to that person (hope you celebrated over the holiday!).
On-going: Annie Junior!
Students are honing their acting and musical skills through weekly rehearsals with Grade 5 Teacher & Musical Director Ms. Panksep and Nightwood Theatre’s Director & parent volunteer- Ms.Thornton. Our opening show will be in April.
Thank you to all of the guardians and parents who have offered to assist with make-up, stage design, back-stage crew etc. If anyone knows of any other parents/guardians who would like to be involved let the school know. Show Dates are Thursday April 19, 7pm; Friday April 20, 7pm; Saturday April 21, 2pm.
Thank you to everyone for all your incredible work.
This week I will also be writing a blog about upcoming Sports teams, giving an update on Traffic & School Yard Safety, and providing the date for our next Community Council Meeting.
Stay posted and please remember to consult with your child’s teacher when you have a concern or question. Please also consider contacting the office via telephone. Should you get the answering machine, please leave a message and we will return your call as soon as possible.
Please call for safe arrival before 9 am. 416-396-6185.