Last week began with two afternoons of Track & Field. Thank you to all of the staff for organizing the events and supervising. Ms. Robertson, thanks so much for your leadership and organizing both afternoons.
Thank you to Ms. Woodard & Ms. Martin for organizing a successful Earth Week last week. The staff & students enthusiastically participated, with the week culminating in a wonderful Sharing Assembly/yard clean-up on Friday, April 27th. We also got to enjoy Pizza Lunch thanks to School Council Co-Chair Mr. Ketchum and a wonderfully dedicated team of volunteers. Thank you so much for you hard work and devotion.
Also, I would like to mention how proud I am of our students, staff & parent volunteers who attended the French Trip to learn more about Creole Culture and dance. Thanks Ms. Baldwin for highlighting such a fun opportunity for our school!
- Monday, April 30th: X Movement is @ school (also known as Aussie X) providing workshops for our students. The AM workshops are for students in Grades 1 – 3 and the PM for students in Grades 4 – 8. Thank you to Ms. Robertson, Mr. Knight, Ms. Toner, and Ms. Carberry for assisting. Students should dress for outdoor and indoor physical & team building activities. Students will be participating in new games such as “footie” and exploring rhythmic movement and mindfulness in others. We hope it will be a fabulous day 🙂
- Tuesday, May 1st: Folk Dance Jamboree is taking place at Cedarbrae C.I. Please arrive by 6 pm. Ms. Pennington and Ms. Shaw have provided instructions and a map. Thank you so much parents and Ms. Pennington/Ms. Shaw for getting our students ready for such a fun event!
- School Council Meeting in the gym @ 7 pm.
- Wednesday, May 2nd: Caribou Math Contest Gr. 3 & 4 @ lunch
- Welcome to Kindergarten, 5 pm – 6 pm. This event is for families whose child is pre-registered for the 2018 – 2019 school year.
- Thursday, May 3rd: Caribou Math Contest Gr. – 5 – 8 @ lunch. Please remember your lunch.
- If any parents/guardians are available to assist with the Caribou Math Contests on Wednesday and or Thursday, please let Ms. Gillan know.
SAVE THE DATE:
- May 4th: May the “Fourth” Be with You! Students are invited to dress up or consider an alternative way to pay homage to the great series “Star Wars” a favourite of Courcelette’s beloved teacher Mr. McNaughton who passed away last year. The afternoon is a celebration of the power of a positive mindset, something we have been teaching the students all year through the efforts of our Wellness Committee, our school wide inquiry into effective ways to combat math anxiety and the promotion of a positive mindset about math (#notnervousaboutnumbers) and an embracement of cross-curriculum connections (STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math).
- May 8th: Track & Field Events at Birchmount Stadium
- May 10th: Sight & Sound Testing at the school for interested families. Forms coming home from the office.
- May 11th: Our Mental Health & Wellness Student Committee with be attending the Intermediate Student’s Symposium at Robert Service MS with Ms. Fletcher and Ms. Pennington. Thank you to the staff & students attending, we will be calling upon their learning and hard work to lead our Courcelette PS School-Wide Wellness Symposium in June.
- May 18th: Pizza Lunch
- May 23rd: EQAO begins. Notices have gone home with students regarding dates and times for testing in Grade 3 and Grade 6. Should you have questions or concerns, please contact your child’s teacher.
- *** Spring Concert, Grades 3/4 to 8 will be giving musical performances conducted by their teachers and Specialized Music teachers, Mr. Ungvary (recorder), Mr. Gillard (band), Mr. Kante (drums), Ms. Panksept (ukulele). ***
- Students should arrive at school by 6:30 pm
- Concert begins at 7:00 pm
- May 25th: Spring Social at the Toronto Hunt Club. The event commences at 7 pm and we look forward to seeing you there! Tickets are available to all, if you have inquiries of any kind please contact the office.
- Thank you to parent volunteer, organizer, and leader of this event, Ms. O’Grady for you efforts in continuing this amazing event that helps our school generate funds to support the arts, athletics, academics, and enrichment for all students at Courcelette and benefit our TDSB/community partners in specific initiatives.
See you tomorrow everyone,