We are ready for Back to School!!
Message from Principal: Ms. Samantha Gillan
Welcome back to Courcelette PS. For families new to our lovely school community, I want to extend my fondest best wishes as you and your child begin this new chapter. I sincerely wish everyone a successful and productive school year.
I hope everyone enjoyed a safe and healthy summer vacation. I enjoyed spending time with my family. It was a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with friends and family.
Tomorrow morning all staff will be circulating outside as of 8:30 am with their class lists. Please ensure you bring any medical information and supplies your child may need such as their epi pen and provide your child’s teacher and the office with the necessary information. Your child will receive an information package during the first day. Please review all of the forms and information. If you have questions, please consult your child’s teacher or the office. We are here to help. Ensure you consult with your child’s teacher about their primary method of communication (e.g., agenda or Class Dojo). We want to make sure the lines of communication are open at all times. Agendas will be provided to all students in Grades 1 – 8, we kindly request you cover the cost of the agenda by paying $7.00.
See you tomorrow morning!!
A SINCERE THANK YOU TO…
- Our caretaking team, including Mr. Evans and Mr. Meyers for their efforts to prepare the school for the first day. A new PA system was installed over the summer, in addition to a fresh coat of paint in the north stairwell and second floor, all of which kept everyone extra busy with the construction.
- The entire staff who have been working to ready their classrooms to receive students
- Ms. Hepner for keeping everyone on track!
- Thank you to Ms. Michelle Jones who is beginning the school year as the supply teacher for our kindergarten teacher Ms. Martin. Unfortunately, Ms. Martin broke her ankle this summer. We hope she heals speedily. Ms. Jones is a certified teacher and early childhood educator who has previously worked at Courcelette and neighbouring schools. We are grateful for her help and for supporting our youngest students.
- Ms. Tarala is also back to begin the school year. Ms. Woodward and the entire staff warmly welcome her back to the kindergarten team.
- Welcome back to Mr. Evans, we are so happy for your return!
- Michael Quintin is our new Grade ¾ teacher in Portable 3. Mr. Quintin’s background includes a career in the private business sector, a Masters in Science, experience teaching Grades 1 – 6 and additional qualifications in Mathematics and Special Education. He is passionate about coaching, technology, coding, chess, and music.
LUNCH 2018 – 2019
Our lunch program is undergoing some changes. Children in Kindergarten will continue to eat lunch in their classrooms. Beginning in September 2018 ALL students in Grade 1 – 8 may eat lunch in the gymnasium. Tables and benches will be set every day for lunch. The benches are expected to arrive this first week so we will eat in the gym utilizing our current benches for the first few days. In order to accommodate students, we are adopting a new lunch schedule. The schedule is as follows:
11:30 – 11:45 Gr. 1 – 3 Outdoor Play followed by Lunch in the Gym
11:30 – 11:50 Gr. 4 – 8 Lunch in the Gym followed by Outdoor Play
11: 50 – 12: 10 Gr. 1- 3 Lunch in the Gym
12: 10 – 12: 25 All students Outdoor Play
Any students who need longer for seated lunch will be accommodated in the gymnasium within a reasonable time. Space is very limited, therefore we encourage students to eat lunch at home whenever possible.
Courcelette PS: Classroom Organization *
- Please note, this classroom assignment and organization is based on the TDSB’s projected enrolment and it is possible that classes may need to be reorganized to reflect actual enrolment numbers during the month of September.
Grade Assignments & Room Assignments 2018 – 2019
- JK/SK A Ms. Martin (Ms. Jones – acting) / Ms. Campbell Rm 3
- JK/SK B Ms. Woodward/Ms. Tarala – acting Rm 4
- Grade 1 Ms. Shaw Rm 1
- Grade 1/2 Ms. Choudhuri Rm 2
- Grade 2/3 A Ms. Laverne Rm 8
- Grade 2/3 B Ms. Reynolds Rm 5
- Grade 3 Ms. Pennington Portable 2
- Grade 3/4 Mr. Quintin Portable 3
- Grade 4/5 Mr. Moore Rm 10
- Grade 5/6 A Ms. Panksep Portable 1
- Grade 5/6 B Ms. Rigo Portable 4
- Grade 7/8 A Ms. Wilkins Rm 11
- Grade 7/8 B Ms. Fletcher Rm 6
- Home School Program & Resource Teacher Ms. Clarke Room 7
- Core French Ms. Baldwin (in classes)
- Educational Assistant (AM) Ms. Carberry
- Physical Education Mr. Knight
- Library/Prep Coverage Ms. Robertson
- Special Needs Assistant Ms. Toner
We are all ready to strive for success at Courcelette.