Week of September 17th, 2018-09-09
After a wonderfully sunny weekend, I hope everyone is looking forward to the week ahead. Please mark your calendars with the following important dates that apply to your child(ren):
Monday, September 17th:
- Deadline for Courcelete PS Bronco Wear Sales. Place orders online at:
- If you need to see samples for sizing, children and adult sizes are on-hand in the school. Ms. Kalve will be available at the front of the school tomorrow morning with samples.
- Grade 6 students return from Kearney (Scarborough Outdoor Education School)
Wednesday, September 19th:
- Chine Drive Cross Country Meet
Monday, September 24th:
- Curriculum Night (Meet the Teacher)
- 5:30 – 6:30 pm Pizza available for purchase (Proceeds support the purchase of technology in the school)
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Classroom Visits
- 6:10 Gr. 7/8 Classroom Information Presentation
- 7:00 pm CANCELLED -Grade 8 Grad Trip Information (Room 11) Grade 8 parents are invited to attend a presentation by Brightspark, our tour organizers for the trip to Quebec City
Wednesday, September 26th:
- Community & Student Walk-Run begins at 2:20 pm following afternoon recess.
- 7 pm School Council Meeting & Elections in the gymnasium. Child care provided in the library for school age children.
Arrival & Dismissal
We want every student to begin their school day with a smooth transition. The entry bell rings at 8:40 am and staff are on supervision duty beginning at 8:30 am. Please arrive before the bell to help ensure everyone has time to say good-bye and enter school safely. If you need to speak with your child’s teacher, please contact the office to set an appointment whenever possible. We understand that sometimes that’s not possible due to timing constraints. Please consider letting your child’s teacher know that there is a note in their agenda, or call the office to leave a message for the teacher. Ms. Hepner and I can help facilitate the communication of accurate information whenever needed.
At the end of the day, Kindergarten students are dismissed at 3:10 pm and Grades 1 – 8 at 3:15 pm. If there are any concerns with dismissal, please ensure your child’s teacher is aware. If you need to make a last minute change or have a concern, contact the office, please ensure you speak directly with Ms. Hepner or myself. Please also note that students in Kindergarten to Grade 3 must be dismissed directly to their parent/guardian or identified caregiver/designate. If an older sibling is picking up their younger sibling, please inform the teacher.
Thank you so much for your help! 🙂