I hope everyone enjoyed the wonderful weather this weekend. It was a great showing of community and school spirit at the Brock Gordon Cross Country Invitational on Saturday. Thank you to our athletes and their families who joined us.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THIS WEEK:
- Monday, October 1st -Wednesday, October 3rd: Grade 3 CCAT Test Administration
- Tuesday, October 2nd: School Wide Lice Check supervised by TDSB Co-ordinator
- Wednesday, October 3rd: Photo Day
- Thursday, October 4th: Pie Baking Day! Happy Thanksgiving 🙂
- Friday, October 5th: PA Day, no school for students. Staff PD and training
- Monday, October 8th: Thanksgiving Holiday
Thank you to the Courcelette PS Community Council and team of volunteers for our first PIZZA DAY. Last Friday was a smooth running Pizza Day. Thank you so much.
In addition, I would like to send a BIG thank you to the School Council for their generous donation to the Corvette PS Food Bank. The Principal, Vice-Principal, and Corvette community send their heartfelt thanks. We continue to collect non-perishable food donations for the food bank. Staff are picking up donations this Tuesday. If you can bring in any of the following this week, we’ll be very grateful:
- Peanut Butter
- Canned Soups and Meals
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes
I would like to commend Matt S. for initiating the food bank collection challenge and for offering the incentive of Pumpkin pie! Way to go Matt, you are a great example of a Courcelette citizen.
We are looking for some assistance and potential donations. If you can help, please let the school know 🙂 Thank you.
- volunteers to help in the gym during lunch (help with organization, opening thermoses, etc.,)
- volunteers for Fall Fest, taking place Saturday, October 20th (more news to come)
- classroom representatives for every class to help facilitate communications and build community in each classroom community
- do you have a stationary bike not being fully utilized? Donate it to the school for use in the DPA/Resource Centre
Thank you for following the blog, it’s our primary method of communication and we continuously encourage all community members to sign up for automatic e-mail notifications and or check the school’s website weekly and click on the Principal’s blog.
See you tomorrow!