Thank you to the community for donating hundreds of food items to support the Corvette PS food bank. A staff from Corvette picked up the donations Tuesday and the boxes filled a giant Suburban size truck. Students and staff took pride in filling the teacher’s vehicle and while Ms. Laverne’s class won the pumpkin pie contest for donating the most items, everyone is to be thanked for their contributions. In particular I would like to recognize Matt Spear for organizing the food drive and a team of student volunteers to count and load all of the food, way to go!!!
Updates & Upcoming Events:
- Wednesday, October 10th: AM Grade 7 Immunizations
- Thursday, October 11th: East TDESSA Cross Country Meet at Thomson Memorial Park
- Wednesday, October 17th: “Creating a Mindful Generation” begins at 6 pm. Do not miss this opportunity to hear and learn from Michael Eisen the Youth Wellness Network founder. The presentation will take place from 6 to 7 pm. Childcare is provided for school age children or bring your child to the presentation if you feel they would enjoy hearing first hand about simple ways to reduce stress and anxiety for the entire family.
- After the presentation you may choose to leave or stay for the School Council Meeting at 7pm in the gym. We want to hear from you and get to know you! Attending a school council meeting is as simple as that – attend 🙂 Nothing else required although if you have feedback to share or questions to ask we are always looking to hear from all voices in the community.
- Thursday, October 18th: Choices for 9 Presentation at Birchcliffe PS beginning at 6:30 pm with Guidance Counsellor Denise Edwards. It’s time to start thinking about high school and the choices you’ll need to make in order to be prepared for Grade 9. Please bring your child with you if possible, it’s important they hear about the process and be part of the discussion/decision making.
Enjoy your evening and I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.