10 more days until the holiday break 🙂 Please read this entire message.
Dates & Events for this week.
Monday, December 10th
- BBNC Drop Off – We need volunteers to help transport all of the collected items to the Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre.
- 3:30 pm – Arts Committee Meeting
- We will be reaching out to the community for assistance to organize a student showcase. Further details to come 🙂
Tuesday, December 11th
- AM “Sounds of the Season” Concert Set-up and rehearsal
Wednesday, December 12th
- Holiday Concert “Sounds of the Season” for students in Grade K – 3. Notices were sent home last week detailing times, classes participating, and concert attire requests for students.
- Students may be dropped off to their classes beginning at 6:15 pm.
- IMPORTANT: Due to the large number of choir participants who cannot attend the evening concert due to other commitments, the Choir will not be performing Wednesday evening. This is very disappointing. If you have questions or concerns please contact our Choir Director Ms. Panksep.
Thursday, December 13th
- Mr. Moore & Mr. Quintin’s classes are on an excursion to the Science Ctr.
- Hockey Team Try-outs take place after school at Scarborough Gardens. Please contact Mr. Moore or Mr. Knight with inquiries.
Friday, December 14th
- CRAZY WINTER WEAR or HAIR DAY!!!!!
- Pizza Lunch
- It’s going to be a very fun & busy week ahead!
Additional Information & Thank you
Share 365 Update
Santa’s Pancake Breakfast – Ho Ho Hotcakes…
Last Saturday, Courcelette’s Grade 2 families hosted the school’s annual Santa’s Pancake Breakfast.
The event included an amazing pancake breakfast prepared and donated by Isabella’s Boutique Restaurant.
Coffee and hot chocolate were generously provided by Outrigger
Raffle Items were kindly donated by:
* Pur Yoga
* Beach Cheer Athletics
* Music Toronto
* Mastermind & the Kotsios family
Several kids of all ages showed off their musical talents and Santa launched his December tour right here at Courcelette.
The Grade 2 families themselves came together to donate everything from candy canes and maple syrup to precious volunteer time.
The result was a lot of fun and a total of $1,350 raised for the Birchmount Bluffs Neighbourhood Centre (BBNC). The cheque will be presented tomorrow morning when we deliver the Share 365 donations.
Thank you to everyone who came to the breakfast and supported this (one of many) charitable causes organized through our generous school community.
I want to say a special thank you to all of our families for contributing to the Book & Toy Drive and Share 365. We have been able to collect hundreds of gently used children’s books for the FREE Children’s Book Store and many toys for Scarborough Holiday hampers. See you tomorrow if you can help us deliver to the BBNC! Enjoy the evening and I hope to see everyone before the holidays so I can thank you personally for making 2018 so special. – Ms. Gillan