WELCOME BACK & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It was wonderful to see everyone today, fresh from the school break. My best wishes for a healthy & happy 2019.
The weather has turned quite cold, please remind your child or dress your little one for outdoor play every day.
In terms of SEVERE WEATHER – please note the following in case of a school closing.
Occasionally, severe weather conditions may require the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) to cancel transportation and/or close schools. This may occur before the beginning of the school day or, if conditions become severe, during the school day. To ensure the safety and welfare of students and staff during school hours, the Board’s Severe Weather operational procedures (PR519) will guide decisions and operations.
The safety and welfare of students is a shared responsibility with parents and guardians. In the event of severe weather conditions, parents/guardians may decide to keep children at home if possible.
Decision to Close Schools
The decision to close schools is made by the Director of Education. Should a cancellation or closure be necessary, information will be posted on the TDSB website, shared through TDSB social media and provided to local media outlets by 6:00 a.m.
Thank you for your cooperation. Should you have any questions, please contact the school 416-396-6185.
See notice for further operational details by clicking on the provided link “212”.
Here are some reminders for the coming week(s):
- Wednesday, January 9th: Wellness Wednesday resumes. The Silent Focus Challenge was a huge success. Our next challenge is 30 days of positive affirmations.
- Friday, January 11th: X Movement is visiting! (The same coaches from Aussie X) to provide programming for Grades 1 – 8. Students will be participating in Power Yoga, Dance & Fusion Martial Arts. Thank you to the Courcelette Community Council for providing the funding for this program.
If you want to learn more take a look at:
xmovement.com | @xmovemento cial | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday January 15th: Parent/Guardian Information Night at Malvern CI. A flyer is coming home. Students will also attend a tour of the school with their teachers on the afternoon of Wednesday January 16th.
- Wednesday, January 16th & Thursday, January 17th: Caribou Math Contests Resume
- Friday, January 18th: PA Day – School is Closed
Staffing: We would like to welcome Ms. Wendy Hall to Room 4. Ms. Hall is the permanent Designated Early Childhood Educator who will be teaching with Ms. Jones while Ms. Woodward continues her leave. Today was Ms. Hall’s first day and I saw the children warmly welcoming her and asking for lots of help (as kindergarten students do!) I know Ms. Hall will enjoy being part of the Courcelette PS Early Childhood Education team.
Please travel safely in the morning and call the school if for any reason your child will be absent due to illness, an extended vacation, or inclement weather.