Welcome to winter! It’s chilly outside and want you to know that we are mindful of the temperature, ensuring we check the temperature and wind chill factor before heading outside for recess breaks.
For this week, please keep in mind:
- Tuesday, January 15th: Malvern CI Open House begins at 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, January 16th: Grade 3/4 Caribou Math Contest at Lunch in the Library
- Gr. 8 Students are travelling to Malvern CI for an afternoon tour. All Grade 8 students should report to class immediately following lunch at 12:30 pm. Students will be dismissed directly from Malvern at 3:15 pm.
- Courcelette Community Council Meets in the Gym, 7 – 8:30 pm. Child minding is provided in the library. Information about class reps, a parent/guardian communication liaison with other parents/guardians and council, will be shared before the end of the school week. Our desire is to put a system in place that is utilized every year to increase a feeling of connectedness and facilitate practical communication. Stay on the lookout!
- Thursday, January 17th: Grade 5 – 8 Caribou Math Contest at Lunch in the Library.
- For ALL Caribou Math Contest Participants:
This is a reminder that this week on Wednesday, January 16th, 2019 to Thursday, January 17th, 2019 our next contests will take place. The interactive question will be ‘Tower of Hanoi’ which students can practice on our games page. This game will be blocked during contest days as it shows the solution. There will be a history question about Rene Descartes. For grade 3/4 students it is enough to know the first paragraph about him.
- Friday, January 18th: PA Day The school is closed to students.
- Wednesday, January 23rd: The Skills Canada Cardboard Boat Challenge Team participate in training date #2. The team are testing their prototypes in the pool at Variety Village.
- Family Math Night, Grades K – 3. Begins at 6:30 pm.
- Friday, January 25th: PIZZA LUNCH. Thank you to the volunteers who make this lunch possible. Parents/guardians, in an effort to be environmentally conscious we encourage students to bring a reusable plate or small tray for their pizza slice. The plate or tray can then be taken home for use in the future. If students do not have one, we always have heavy stock recycled paper that can be utilized. Students in kindergarten use a paper plate, if you would like to supply a re-usable plate or tray please label it and send it with your child on pizza lunch dates.
- Wednesday, January 30th: NEW DATE for the Sharing Assembly. Character Education Award recipients for December & January will be recognized in Gr. 1 – 8.
- Family Math Night, Grades 4 – 8. Begins at 6:30 pm
Please join us on Family Math Night. A flyer will be coming home this week and we hope to see you with your child there. The focus is on games & activities that strengthen math skills while getting everyone involved in some fun.