1 MORE WEEK until March Break! Yeah!!!!
Please remind everyone to read the school blog, I want to ensure you have access to as much information as possible.
Please note, thank you to the school community for pulling together during the absence of some of our wonderful team members. Due to illness & family emergencies, Ms. Campbell, Ms. Toner, and Ms. Hall have been away. We wish all of them speedy recoveries and our whole hearted support.
Tuesday, March 5th:
- Wellness Committee Students & Staff Lunch & Learn. Ms. Gillan will provide pizza. It’s very important to attend this meeting, we launch our next school-wide wellness initiative on March 27th. This is time for our student leaders to train and prepare for in class presentations.
- 1 pm: African Heritage Month Assembly. Please join us for a performance by the African Heritage /History Choir.
- Junior Hockey Team Competes for TDSB Titles. We are extremely proud of the team and the unbelievable leadership skills all of the team players have demonstrated this season. Way to go Broncos – we wish you much luck and in our hearts, you have already won!
Wednesday, March 6th:
- Parents as Partners Workshop. Spaces are available. 11:40 – 12:25 in Room 7 (Location change). Please join us for this team building opportunity.
- See description at the end of this message.
- 12: 40 pm Speech Arts Competition in the Gym. Guest judges include Trustee Parthi Kandavel.
Friday, March 8th:
SCHOOL SPIRIT DAY – Back by popular demand, PJ Day.
Ms. Gillan has surveyed classes for additional Spirit Day initiatives and there will be some great & innovative ideas coming your way for the rest of the school year…
SAVE THE DATE:
Wednesday, March 20th: Grade 8 Graduation Photos
School Council Meeting – 7 pm
Parents as Partners Workshop – Now in Room 7
Parents as Partners: Workshop
Teacher & Parent Workshop – Working as Partners
WEDNESDAY March 6th 11: 40 – 12: 25 BYOL
(Bring Your Own Lunch)
Presented by: Youth Wellness Network
Listening to Understand and Empowered Communication
No two people can see the same situation the exact same way. Yet as humans we have this unconscious need to often prove ourselves right and subsequently proving others wrong.
This Workshop is designed to provide teachers and parents/guardians with communication strategies that will help Empower their students and children to discover their own voice and step into their full potential. Learning how to listen to understand and communicate from empowerment and ownership will provide a safer space for students in and out of the classroom/at home to feel heard and understood.
You will be given a clear and concise blueprint on how to incorporate these philosophies and strategies into daily life at home and at school – empowering children to make more positive, healthy choices.
LOCATION: Courcelette PS Room 7 (Ms. Clarke’s Room)
School Age Students who usually go home are welcome to stay for lunch. Please send a note to your child’s teacher and they will include it in the lunch time attendance folder.
Please register by e-mailing Ms. Gillan at: Samantha.email@example.com
It’s going to be an exciting week full of new experiences and adventure. Including..
Starting Monday, there will be MATH PROBLEM of the Week for all students to consider & solve. The problem will be posted on the blog and available in paper format outside the office. Students can submit answers to the office on any paper or in any format they desire (we will accept scribed responses, voice to text responses, drawings with annotated comments etc). All correct answers will be submitted for a draw. There will be a Primary & Junior/Intermediate Winner each week during the month of March. Thank you to the Courcelette Community Council for providing prizes.
We will also have the Math Scavenger Hunt on March 26th. Stay tuned for more details, it was a great success last year. Our Class Parent Reps will be organizing and running this event this year.
March Mathness is a time of year when we recommit ourselves to a Growth Mindset about Mathematics, acknowledging the study of math as an important and integral part of future careers that demand curiosity, innovation, and problem solving skill sets.
WE ARE ALL MATH PEOPLE.
Enjoy the remainder of the weekend,