Happy Mother’s Day to all those who celebrate. I certainly hope everyone found some time to express their gratitude to for caregivers, past and present.
May is a particularly busy month! We thank you in advance for your support, patience and flexibility as we work through EQAO assessment schedules, sports tournament dates, practices, fitness testing, IPRCs, the Spring Social and a whole lot more.
Wednesday, May 15th:
- Birchmount Track & Field Competition. Please ensure permission forms are completed and returned to Ms. Robertson tomorrow. If you are providing transportation for your child please indicate that clearly on the form. If your child will be travelling by school bus, please indicate that as well. If you have made arrangements for your child to travel with another parent, please advise the school in writing.
- 7pm Courcelette Community Council Meeting in the gym. Please join us to discuss the budget and council organization for next year.
Thursday, May 16th:
- 9:30 AM Heart & Stroke “Jump for Heart” Campaign kick off Assembly. Thank you Ms. Rigo for organizing.
Friday, May 17th:
- Junior Boys Baseball Tournament @ GP Mackie- see Mr. Moore/Ms. Martin for details.
Monday, May 20th:
VICTORIA DAY HOLIDAY – NO SCHOOL
Tuesday, May 21st:
- Intermediate Girls Baseball Tournament @ Anson Park – check with Ms. Martin/Mr. Knight for details and to ensure date is correct (there have been some changes in schedules due to permit conflicts)
- Grade 6 EQAO Assessment begins – please speak directly with your child’s teacher if you have questions
Wednesday, May 22nd:
- Intermediate Fitness Testing @ Balmy Beach – see Mr. Knight/Ms.Wilkins/Ms. Fletcher for details
Friday, May 24th:
- Junior Co-Ed Rugby Tournament
- Pizza Lunch
- School Council Spring Social @ The Toronto Hunt Club
For details visit this website:https://courcelettespringsocial.splashthat.com
Monday, May 27th:
- School Support Team Meeting
- Grade 3 EQAO Assessment begins
Thursday, May 30th
- 1 pm – We Make the Music! A showcase of Music learned this year. The classes who have volunteered to perform are:
- Grade 6 with Ms. Rigo – Djembe Drum Showcase
- Grade 2/3 with Ms. Reynolds – Orff Instrumental
- Grade 7 & 8 Band – Hallelujah (It’s Almost Summer)
Parents are welcome to join us.
Have a wonderful week 🙂 and SAVE THE DATE(S):
- June 6: Rainbow Colours Spirit Day to celebrate PRIDE MONTH
- June 7: PA Day, No School for Students
- June 12: Grade 7/8 STEM Showcase 5 – 6 pm
- June 17th: Aussie X Gr. 1- 8
- June 18th: Staff Appreciation Lunch
- June 19th: School Council Meeting
- June 21: Play Day!!!!! & Pizza Lunch
- June 25th: Grade 8 Graduation @ Courcelette PS