IMPORTANT DATE CHANGE:
The first meeting of the Courcelette School Council is re-scheduled to September 25th. Following Curriculum Night on September 25th, there will be a school council meeting commencing at 7 pm in the gym. Childminding for school age children will be available in the library from 7 pm – 8:30 pm.
Please order your school spirit wear at:
ORDER DEADLINE: September 16th. TOMORROW!!!
SAVE THE DATE:
- Monday, September 16: A letter regarding school council elections and inviting you to get involved will be coming home. Please ensure you read it thoroughly as we have amended and simplified the process considerably.
- Wednesday, September 18: Chine Drive Cross Country Meet (invitational)
- ,Wednesday, September 25: School Photo Day (all day) We begin with Kindergarten students in the morning and work towards the Grade 7/8 before end of day. Exact times cannot be given.
- MEET THE TEACHER!! Join us on September 25th to for Curriculum Night. Families are invited to the school for an outdoor pizza picnic beginning at 5:30 pm. School Council will be serving a complimentary slice of pizza. Pizza will be served in the gym if the weather doesn’t cooperate.
- 6 – 7 pm Classroom visits & presentations. Join us when you can. I am encouraging teachers to give one presentation at 6 pm and another at 6:30 pm.
- 7 pm please stay for the 1st Council Meeting of the School year. We will be electing several council positions. We are also looking for feedback re: preferred dates & times for council meetings.
- Friday, September 27: Terry Fox Run Day (PM) & Pizza Lunch Day.
- Please pay for pizza lunches via school cash on-line. Use this link to begin:
We are having some difficulty with setting up school cash online this year. We hope to work through this technical challenge asap.
- Orange Shirt Day: September 30th
Home-School Communication: Thank you so much for continuing to read the weekly blog. All classes are developing google sites in order to have a common platform to share class information. Agendas are on order however due to production issues, we are still waiting to hear when they will arrive. This is a board wide issue and we certainly hope we will get those very soon. In the meantime, please e-mail your child’s teacher or call the office with questions and information sharing.
NEW!!! this year:
Please complete school permission forms on-line. If you did not receive the link via e-mail, please call Ms. Hepner in the office to let us know. This is VERY IMPORTANT to ensure we have up to date medical, media release, and parent/guardian contact information.
ALSO…The TDSB offers International Language Instructions for elementary students in many locations. For additional info please call the office and we’ll send a brochure home with your child. You can also look at ILEprograms.ca or call 416-338-4100.
Looking forward to another wonderful week with all of you!