I want to wish everyone a safe, happy and healthy March Break. I know many of you are beginning your break today or tomorrow and I want to ensure that should you have questions about the COVID-19 (Novel Coronovirus) you have access to accurate and up to date information.
Please find attached the Toronto Public Health 2019 Novel Coronoavirus Fact Sheet. I highly recommend continuing to check TPH’s website for up to date information.
As a school we continue to follow recommendations from TDSB’s Health & Safety Department, Toronto Public Health and the Executive Superintendent’s Office.
Here are some active ways we are working to keep students & staff healthy.
- School staff and students who have symptoms of acute respiratory illness are recommended to stay home and not go to work/school until they are symptom-free for at least 24 hours. Staff and parents should notify the school when ill.
- We have placed posters that remind staff and students of cough and sneeze etiquette, hand washing and hand sanitizing in all classrooms and areas where they are likely to be seen.
- We promote proper hand washing with soap and water for at least 15 seconds or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer when hands are not visibly dirty. (Please note that hand washing with soap and water is recommended.
- If any students or staff become ill we will separate them in a supervised area and ensure they can go home right away. Right now we have no reported cases or instances of self-isolation that we are aware of.
- We want you to know that if you are taking care of or share a home with someone who is diagnosed with COVID-19 you should follow instructions from TPH to determine when to return to school/work.
- We continue to encourage “no sharing” of food, water bottles
- Our caretaking staff is completing enhanced cleaning protocols as part of their duties
We encourage you to check the Government of Canada’s travel advisories website (can be accessed through TPH link provided). Please know that the school board and Toronto Public Health continue to keep us up to date and will advise operational plans for implementation should things change.
You can always check the TDSB’s main web page for updated information as well.
Best Wishes to all,